Meet the Surgeons
For many people laser vision correction is only a dream, but in reality it is a technology that is here to stay. Every day these procedures help thousands of people become less dependent on contact lenses and glasses. It is truly a miracle of modern science and technology. We have more than 25 years of experience in this field. Ayman Boutros, MD is the medical director of The Eye Center. Darrell Reisner, MD is the associate director of the center.
|Ayman Boutros, M.D.
Dr. Boutros started performing refractive surgery in 1989, before many surgeons in the area. Thousands of procedures have been performed by Drs. Boutros and Reisner. This level of experience instills confidence in the results and the care. Please ask us about our enhancement rate for the procedure since we closely monitor our results. Dr. Boutros is responsible for the training and supervision of other ophthalmologists in their performance of laser vision correction.
We have performed thousands of procedures ranging from radial keratotomy, LASIK, corneal transplants, and laser surgery. We have an international reputation. Doctors from across the United States and the world come to learn from Dr. Boutros his techniques in LASIK and Custom Vue Treatment. Patients sought our services from as far away as Europe, the Middle East, India and South America. In the pursuit of excellence, our reputation continues to grow in contributing to the advancement of eye care.
- VISX Star Surgeon, one of less than 100 nationwide
- Recognized expert in Vision Correction surgery
- Invited speaker to numerous meetings as expert in the field
- Numerous publication, many of which are pioneering presentations in technique and data on Custom Vue treatments
- During 2002, at a VISX® Wavescan meeting, Dr. Boutros, presented the information on the Wave Scan technology to the employees of VISX, as an expert in the field
- Dr. Boutros was chosen as a panelist, for his expertise, at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery meetings, 2004,2005,2006,2007
- Dr. Boutros was chosen by VISX to present at the American Academy of Ophthalmology as an expert on Custom Vue procedure
- 2005, Dr. Boutros is chosen as a consultant to VISX, one of a few laser vision correction experts worldwide
|Darrell Reisner, M.D.
Dr. Reisner has been an eye doctor for more than 18 years. His added skills and experience enhanced the surgical expertise of The Eye Center. He earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Connecticut. He obtained two doctorate degrees in the field of eye care: one as a doctor of optometry from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry and Doctor of Medicine from the University of Connecticut. He completed his residency training at Georgetown University Medical Center where he was considered by many a rising star in the field of ophthalmic surgery.
The Eye Center is acknowledged to be one of the busiest and finest refractive practices in the metropolitan area, whose surgical expertise are well recognized by other centers, colleagues and patients. At The Eye Center, we know that the secret to our success is the rapport we have with our patients with whom we share a mutual feeling of respect.
Contact us and find out why The Eye Center is the best choice for LASIK in VA. Call one of our offices in Northern Virginia: Leesburg, Fairfax, Sterling, Alexandria, Manassas. If you or someone you know is interested in finding out more about the
Advanced CustomVue procedure, please call us at 888-844-2020.